Over 500,000 early and provisional ballots are still uncounted in Arizona, Sec. of State Ken Bennett said in a release.
Of the 524,633 ballots remaining, 219,703 early ballots and 120,000 provisional ballots are from Maricopa County.
Some groups have become frustrated by the process and have questioned why the ballots have taken so long to be counted, especially given several neck-and-neck races.
“In all candor, I think they’re very focused on one of the countywide races here in Maricopa County,” said Bennett. “They want to make sure all the ballots are counted as soon as they can and that’s the same goal we have.”
Bennett said the process to count all the ballots could take up to 12 days to complete.
The state received about 5 percent of its votes from provisional ballots in 2012, the same amount as it did in 2008 and that has had no effect on the process.
“We’ll count all the ballots as quickly as we can but the focus is going to be accuracy,” said Bennett.
A state canvass to certify election results is scheduled for Dec. 3.
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered