Over 500,000 early and provisional ballots are still uncounted in Arizona, Sec. of State Ken Bennett said in a release.
Of the 524,633 ballots remaining, 219,703 early ballots and 120,000 provisional ballots are from Maricopa County.
Some groups have become frustrated by the process and have questioned why the ballots have taken so long to be counted, especially given several neck-and-neck races.
“In all candor, I think they’re very focused on one of the countywide races here in Maricopa County,” said Bennett. “They want to make sure all the ballots are counted as soon as they can and that’s the same goal we have.”
Bennett said the process to count all the ballots could take up to 12 days to complete.
The state received about 5 percent of its votes from provisional ballots in 2012, the same amount as it did in 2008 and that has had no effect on the process.
“We’ll count all the ballots as quickly as we can but the focus is going to be accuracy,” said Bennett.
A state canvass to certify election results is scheduled for Dec. 3.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.