Over 500,000 early and provisional ballots are still uncounted in Arizona, Sec. of State Ken Bennett said in a release.
Of the 524,633 ballots remaining, 219,703 early ballots and 120,000 provisional ballots are from Maricopa County.
Some groups have become frustrated by the process and have questioned why the ballots have taken so long to be counted, especially given several neck-and-neck races.
“In all candor, I think they’re very focused on one of the countywide races here in Maricopa County,” said Bennett. “They want to make sure all the ballots are counted as soon as they can and that’s the same goal we have.”
Bennett said the process to count all the ballots could take up to 12 days to complete.
The state received about 5 percent of its votes from provisional ballots in 2012, the same amount as it did in 2008 and that has had no effect on the process.
“We’ll count all the ballots as quickly as we can but the focus is going to be accuracy,” said Bennett.
A state canvass to certify election results is scheduled for Dec. 3.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night