Over 500,000 early and provisional ballots are still uncounted in Arizona, Sec. of State Ken Bennett said in a release.
Of the 524,633 ballots remaining, 219,703 early ballots and 120,000 provisional ballots are from Maricopa County.
Some groups have become frustrated by the process and have questioned why the ballots have taken so long to be counted, especially given several neck-and-neck races.
“In all candor, I think they’re very focused on one of the countywide races here in Maricopa County,” said Bennett. “They want to make sure all the ballots are counted as soon as they can and that’s the same goal we have.”
Bennett said the process to count all the ballots could take up to 12 days to complete.
The state received about 5 percent of its votes from provisional ballots in 2012, the same amount as it did in 2008 and that has had no effect on the process.
“We’ll count all the ballots as quickly as we can but the focus is going to be accuracy,” said Bennett.
A state canvass to certify election results is scheduled for Dec. 3.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon