PHOENIX — A new tax in California could force some companies to move and a Phoenix economic group is looking to take advantage.
Californians passed a $6 billion tax increase that raises income taxes on those making more than $250,000 yearly and the state sales tax for all residents.
Barry Broome with the Greater Phoenix Economic Council is offering 50 of California’s top CEOs a free plane trip to Phoenix and accommodations to check out the possibilities of moving their operations here.
“This tax is the most dangerous tax in the history of California,” he said. “Top innovators are going to flee the state. This isn’t about call centers or manufacturing centers. This is about going after the elite talent and getting them to consider greater Phoenix.”
Broome said he’s not usually a fan of poaching California businesses but in this case he’s willing to make an exception.
“This tax is going to put a nail in California’s coffin,” he said, adding that overall Arizona needs its neighbor to the west to turn around its economy.
Broome said one of the nation’s top 15 CEOs has already taken up his offer to check out the Valley, but he can’t reveal the name.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food