PHOENIX — A big weather cooldown is moving into Arizona, with temperatures expected to drop into the 40s.
“It’s going to be cold. We usually don’t see these types of temperatures until late December,” said Charlotte Dewey, a spokeswoman for the National Weather Service.
Weather watchers said earlier this week Valley temperatures would plummet by the weekend.
The cold front will pass through the Valley late Friday afternoon but it won’t bring much rain. There will be wind, though, with gusts around 35 mph in the afternoon. Much stronger winds will push through the northern part of Arizona with gusts of 50 plus.
Saturday’s high will be around 60.
The low Sunday morning will be around 40 in some locations.
The high country will “definitely get snow and cold temperatures,” Dewey said.
Lows in Flagstaff and Show Low will be in the teens over the weekend.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments