PHOENIX — A big weather cooldown is moving into Arizona, with temperatures expected to drop into the 40s.
“It’s going to be cold. We usually don’t see these types of temperatures until late December,” said Charlotte Dewey, a spokeswoman for the National Weather Service.
Weather watchers said earlier this week Valley temperatures would plummet by the weekend.
The cold front will pass through the Valley late Friday afternoon but it won’t bring much rain. There will be wind, though, with gusts around 35 mph in the afternoon. Much stronger winds will push through the northern part of Arizona with gusts of 50 plus.
Saturday’s high will be around 60.
The low Sunday morning will be around 40 in some locations.
The high country will “definitely get snow and cold temperatures,” Dewey said.
Lows in Flagstaff and Show Low will be in the teens over the weekend.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development