PHOENIX — A big weather cooldown is moving into Arizona, with temperatures expected to drop into the 40s.
“It’s going to be cold. We usually don’t see these types of temperatures until late December,” said Charlotte Dewey, a spokeswoman for the National Weather Service.
Weather watchers said earlier this week Valley temperatures would plummet by the weekend.
The cold front will pass through the Valley late Friday afternoon but it won’t bring much rain. There will be wind, though, with gusts around 35 mph in the afternoon. Much stronger winds will push through the northern part of Arizona with gusts of 50 plus.
Saturday’s high will be around 60.
The low Sunday morning will be around 40 in some locations.
The high country will “definitely get snow and cold temperatures,” Dewey said.
Lows in Flagstaff and Show Low will be in the teens over the weekend.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy