Having a particular tattoo may be regrettable later in life but this weekend in Phoenix that marking can become nothing but a memory.
The Delete Tattoo Removal and Laser Salon is having its second annual Deleteathon Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. The first session is free.
Customers can have appetizers and cocktails while they get a facial, B-12 shot or tattoo removal treatment.
The American Society of Dermatological Surgery said over 50 percent of people with a tattoo eventually get them removed.
Dr. Jen Mundt will be removing the tattoos.
The machine that helps her do the job is the Candela Alex Elite Laser.
“I use this for all of my tattoo removals,” she said. “It basically just hits the patient’s ink, and blows it into little pieces so their body can absorb it.”
Mundt said her job keeps her busy.
One customer sticks out in her mind. “I did have a wife who had a husband who had a different woman’s name on his left ring finger,” Mundt said.
“She was actually OK with it, but he felt bad. He was just like ‘That’s it — it’s going.’ ”
Tattoo removals usually take several treatments. Mundt said it can cost anywhere from $75 to $200 per treatment.
Appointments are recommended for Saturday.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick