Having a particular tattoo may be regrettable later in life but this weekend in Phoenix that marking can become nothing but a memory.
The Delete Tattoo Removal and Laser Salon is having its second annual Deleteathon Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. The first session is free.
Customers can have appetizers and cocktails while they get a facial, B-12 shot or tattoo removal treatment.
The American Society of Dermatological Surgery said over 50 percent of people with a tattoo eventually get them removed.
Dr. Jen Mundt will be removing the tattoos.
The machine that helps her do the job is the Candela Alex Elite Laser.
“I use this for all of my tattoo removals,” she said. “It basically just hits the patient’s ink, and blows it into little pieces so their body can absorb it.”
Mundt said her job keeps her busy.
One customer sticks out in her mind. “I did have a wife who had a husband who had a different woman’s name on his left ring finger,” Mundt said.
“She was actually OK with it, but he felt bad. He was just like ‘That’s it — it’s going.’ ”
Tattoo removals usually take several treatments. Mundt said it can cost anywhere from $75 to $200 per treatment.
Appointments are recommended for Saturday.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas