Having a particular tattoo may be regrettable later in life but this weekend in Phoenix that marking can become nothing but a memory.
The Delete Tattoo Removal and Laser Salon is having its second annual Deleteathon Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. The first session is free.
Customers can have appetizers and cocktails while they get a facial, B-12 shot or tattoo removal treatment.
The American Society of Dermatological Surgery said over 50 percent of people with a tattoo eventually get them removed.
Dr. Jen Mundt will be removing the tattoos.
The machine that helps her do the job is the Candela Alex Elite Laser.
“I use this for all of my tattoo removals,” she said. “It basically just hits the patient’s ink, and blows it into little pieces so their body can absorb it.”
Mundt said her job keeps her busy.
One customer sticks out in her mind. “I did have a wife who had a husband who had a different woman’s name on his left ring finger,” Mundt said.
“She was actually OK with it, but he felt bad. He was just like ‘That’s it — it’s going.’ ”
Tattoo removals usually take several treatments. Mundt said it can cost anywhere from $75 to $200 per treatment.
Appointments are recommended for Saturday.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night