Having a particular tattoo may be regrettable later in life but this weekend in Phoenix that marking can become nothing but a memory.
The Delete Tattoo Removal and Laser Salon is having its second annual Deleteathon Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. The first session is free.
Customers can have appetizers and cocktails while they get a facial, B-12 shot or tattoo removal treatment.
The American Society of Dermatological Surgery said over 50 percent of people with a tattoo eventually get them removed.
Dr. Jen Mundt will be removing the tattoos.
The machine that helps her do the job is the Candela Alex Elite Laser.
“I use this for all of my tattoo removals,” she said. “It basically just hits the patient’s ink, and blows it into little pieces so their body can absorb it.”
Mundt said her job keeps her busy.
One customer sticks out in her mind. “I did have a wife who had a husband who had a different woman’s name on his left ring finger,” Mundt said.
“She was actually OK with it, but he felt bad. He was just like ‘That’s it — it’s going.’ ”
Tattoo removals usually take several treatments. Mundt said it can cost anywhere from $75 to $200 per treatment.
Appointments are recommended for Saturday.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise