The amount of uncounted ballots in Arizona has now surpassed the 630,000 mark, the Arizona Secretary of State’s Office said in a release.
The number of uncounted ballots was originally 602,334 on Wednesday, but numbers for Cochise, Mohave and Yavapai counties weren’t available.
In Maricopa County, Recorder Helen Purcell says 62,641 early ballots have been
tabulated and approximately 116,000 provisional ballots will be processed for
tabulation. She says about 237,000 early ballots remain to be processed for
State law gives the counties 10 calendar days to verify and process the remaining early and provisional ballots. That gives them until Nov. 16.
A state canvass to certify official election results for federal, statewide and legislative races is scheduled Dec. 3.
Individuals who had insufficient identification when they went to vote at a polling place were allowed to cast a “conditional provisional” ballot.
They have until Nov. 14 to return to their county elections office with proper identification.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon