The amount of uncounted ballots in Arizona has now surpassed the 630,000 mark, the Arizona Secretary of State’s Office said in a release.
The number of uncounted ballots was originally 602,334 on Wednesday, but numbers for Cochise, Mohave and Yavapai counties weren’t available.
In Maricopa County, Recorder Helen Purcell says 62,641 early ballots have been
tabulated and approximately 116,000 provisional ballots will be processed for
tabulation. She says about 237,000 early ballots remain to be processed for
State law gives the counties 10 calendar days to verify and process the remaining early and provisional ballots. That gives them until Nov. 16.
A state canvass to certify official election results for federal, statewide and legislative races is scheduled Dec. 3.
Individuals who had insufficient identification when they went to vote at a polling place were allowed to cast a “conditional provisional” ballot.
They have until Nov. 14 to return to their county elections office with proper identification.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.