The amount of uncounted ballots in Arizona has now surpassed the 630,000 mark, the Arizona Secretary of State’s Office said in a release.
The number of uncounted ballots was originally 602,334 on Wednesday, but numbers for Cochise, Mohave and Yavapai counties weren’t available.
In Maricopa County, Recorder Helen Purcell says 62,641 early ballots have been
tabulated and approximately 116,000 provisional ballots will be processed for
tabulation. She says about 237,000 early ballots remain to be processed for
State law gives the counties 10 calendar days to verify and process the remaining early and provisional ballots. That gives them until Nov. 16.
A state canvass to certify official election results for federal, statewide and legislative races is scheduled Dec. 3.
Individuals who had insufficient identification when they went to vote at a polling place were allowed to cast a “conditional provisional” ballot.
They have until Nov. 14 to return to their county elections office with proper identification.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes