Now that the election is over and Obama is re-elected, voters are apparently expected to stock up on firearms.
Stocks plunged on news of President Barack Obama’s re-election, dropping the Dow by 245 points in the first hour of trading, according to a recent article published in the Deseret News.
But gun manufacturers have managed to avoid the drop.
Smith & Wesson Holding Corp., a firearms manufacturer, saw its stocks jump 10.8 percent to $10.48 per share in morning trading on Wednesday, according to the L.A. Times.
Sturm, Ruger & Co. also saw a 6.4 percent rise to $47.48 per share, which is a 39 percent increase since the beginning of 2012.
Consumers are expected to stock up on guns now that Obama has been re-elected, according to the LA Times.
No, it’s not because of anger. It’s because Obama has promised stricter gun restrictions during one of his presidential debates.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona