Now that the election is over and Obama is re-elected, voters are apparently expected to stock up on firearms.
Stocks plunged on news of President Barack Obama’s re-election, dropping the Dow by 245 points in the first hour of trading, according to a recent article published in the Deseret News.
But gun manufacturers have managed to avoid the drop.
Smith & Wesson Holding Corp., a firearms manufacturer, saw its stocks jump 10.8 percent to $10.48 per share in morning trading on Wednesday, according to the L.A. Times.
Sturm, Ruger & Co. also saw a 6.4 percent rise to $47.48 per share, which is a 39 percent increase since the beginning of 2012.
Consumers are expected to stock up on guns now that Obama has been re-elected, according to the LA Times.
No, it’s not because of anger. It’s because Obama has promised stricter gun restrictions during one of his presidential debates.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development