Authorities are searching for a man who allegedly attempted to abduct a child, the Yuma Police Department said in a release.
The suspect allegedly approached the 12-year-old victim from behind, called out to him and attempted to grab him Thursday morning in the 2000 block of south Avenue A.
The boy fought back, was able to escape and ran to a nearby Circle K, where his family and police were notified.
The suspect is described as being a white male standing 6-foot-2 and weighing 210 lbs. He has brown hair, brown eyes and a tattoo or scar on his face. He was last seen wearing a black shirt, black shorts and red-and-white shoes.
The victim did receive minor injuries.
A prior suspect, 19-year-old Jason Riddle, was cleared of involvement with the crime.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Yuma Police Department at (928) 373-4700 or by calling (928) 78-CRIME to remain anonymous.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night