The Tempe Police Department are searching for a suspect who attempted sexual assault at an apartment complex of a 19-year-old ASU student early Wednesday morning.
The suspect entered the victim’s apartment and tried to force himself on her. She was able to fight him off and fled from the apartment.
The suspect is described as a hispanic male in his late 40’s to early 50’s with a 5’5″, chubby build. He was wearing a red t-shirt with long shorts that covered his knees. He was a stranger not known to the female.
The apartment complex is located in the 900 block of South Terrace in Tempe. Investigators are questioning residents for any information. Police are working with ASU PD to notify fellow students, as well as the community of this incident.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Tempe Police Department at 480-350-8311 or Silent Witness at 480-948-6377.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains