After the “Arizona Daily Wildcat: published an offensive comic strip on Oct. 18 that condoned violence and homophobia, a petition was made for the editor-in-chief, cartoonist and copy editor to be fired.
The petition on Change.org has over 8,000 supporters. The letter of the petition states
“Condoning violence and homophobia by allowing this cartoon to run is reprehensible and cannot be tolerated as acceptable with the offering of a simple apology or explanation.”
The cartoon depicts a father telling his son that he will use violence if he ever comes out gay.
The Arizona Daily Wildcat’s editor Kristina Bui wrote an apology article that said the cartoonist of the publication was fired. They are reviewing their editorial practices.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon