A weekend NASCAR race is bringing in a needed economic boost.
Fans are expected to spend millions in restaurants, hotels and other local businesses in anticipation of the Advocare 500, scheduled for Nov. 11 at Phoenix International Raceway.
“It’s the semi-final race in the NASCAR season in the chase for the Sprint Cup and it’s a really close race,” said Dave Lockett with PIR.
According to Lockett, past studies have shown the economic impact of hosting two NASCAR Sprint Cup weekends in Phoenix has generated more than $400 million.
“Thousands of race fans will descend upon the Valley for the event,” he said. “We attract fans from not only all over the state and the region, but around the country. People love to come. They’re already out, their RVs parked in our parking lots, getting ready for the festivities.”
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them