A weekend NASCAR race is bringing in a needed economic boost.
Fans are expected to spend millions in restaurants, hotels and other local businesses in anticipation of the Advocare 500, scheduled for Nov. 11 at Phoenix International Raceway.
“It’s the semi-final race in the NASCAR season in the chase for the Sprint Cup and it’s a really close race,” said Dave Lockett with PIR.
According to Lockett, past studies have shown the economic impact of hosting two NASCAR Sprint Cup weekends in Phoenix has generated more than $400 million.
“Thousands of race fans will descend upon the Valley for the event,” he said. “We attract fans from not only all over the state and the region, but around the country. People love to come. They’re already out, their RVs parked in our parking lots, getting ready for the festivities.”
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths