Southwest Airlines has begun canceling flights to the northeast, ahead of another storm bearing down on the region.
Airlines spokesman Brad Hawkins said customers can change plans without paying additional fees. “We have specific accommodation policies, city by city, to stay up with the storm as it moves.”
As of Wednesday morning the Dallas-based airline had canceled 38 flights. Subsidiary AirTran had canceled less than 10.
The winter storm has already caused evacuation of parts of New Jersey. According to the Weather Channel, a high-wind warning is in effect overnight for part of the state.
“We’re trying to make sure we get our planes and our people out of the way of any harm,” said Hawkins.
Superstorm Sandy was responsible for the cancellation of over 20,000 flights.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments