Southwest Airlines has begun canceling flights to the northeast, ahead of another storm bearing down on the region.
Airlines spokesman Brad Hawkins said customers can change plans without paying additional fees. “We have specific accommodation policies, city by city, to stay up with the storm as it moves.”
As of Wednesday morning the Dallas-based airline had canceled 38 flights. Subsidiary AirTran had canceled less than 10.
The winter storm has already caused evacuation of parts of New Jersey. According to the Weather Channel, a high-wind warning is in effect overnight for part of the state.
“We’re trying to make sure we get our planes and our people out of the way of any harm,” said Hawkins.
Superstorm Sandy was responsible for the cancellation of over 20,000 flights.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets