Southwest Airlines has begun canceling flights to the northeast, ahead of another storm bearing down on the region.
Airlines spokesman Brad Hawkins said customers can change plans without paying additional fees. “We have specific accommodation policies, city by city, to stay up with the storm as it moves.”
As of Wednesday morning the Dallas-based airline had canceled 38 flights. Subsidiary AirTran had canceled less than 10.
The winter storm has already caused evacuation of parts of New Jersey. According to the Weather Channel, a high-wind warning is in effect overnight for part of the state.
“We’re trying to make sure we get our planes and our people out of the way of any harm,” said Hawkins.
Superstorm Sandy was responsible for the cancellation of over 20,000 flights.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns