Washington D.C. is going to look a lot like it did the last four years, according to Valley political insider Mike O’Neil.
Besides a few changes in President Obama’s cabinet, O’Neil said Capitol Hill will have the same cast of characters.
“We’re going to have a Democratic Senate, and a Republican House, which is exactly what he had yesterday. And the same president, and the same problems.”
O’Neil said the most notable shakeup in Washington will be what happens with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who could be running for president in 2016.
“Hillary Clinton is the obvious Democratic nominee,” O’Neil said. “She goes out after an almost unblemished record, though I think there will probably be issues raised about Benghazi at the tail end.”
As for the Republican nominee four years from now, O’Neil expects it will be Congressman Paul Ryan.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates