Washington D.C. is going to look a lot like it did the last four years, according to Valley political insider Mike O’Neil.
Besides a few changes in President Obama’s cabinet, O’Neil said Capitol Hill will have the same cast of characters.
“We’re going to have a Democratic Senate, and a Republican House, which is exactly what he had yesterday. And the same president, and the same problems.”
O’Neil said the most notable shakeup in Washington will be what happens with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who could be running for president in 2016.
“Hillary Clinton is the obvious Democratic nominee,” O’Neil said. “She goes out after an almost unblemished record, though I think there will probably be issues raised about Benghazi at the tail end.”
As for the Republican nominee four years from now, O’Neil expects it will be Congressman Paul Ryan.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them