Washington D.C. is going to look a lot like it did the last four years, according to Valley political insider Mike O’Neil.
Besides a few changes in President Obama’s cabinet, O’Neil said Capitol Hill will have the same cast of characters.
“We’re going to have a Democratic Senate, and a Republican House, which is exactly what he had yesterday. And the same president, and the same problems.”
O’Neil said the most notable shakeup in Washington will be what happens with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who could be running for president in 2016.
“Hillary Clinton is the obvious Democratic nominee,” O’Neil said. “She goes out after an almost unblemished record, though I think there will probably be issues raised about Benghazi at the tail end.”
As for the Republican nominee four years from now, O’Neil expects it will be Congressman Paul Ryan.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development