One Valley parent went above and beyond to make sure students are learning about the political process.
Janna Ricciardi, who has a child attending Desert Trails Elementary School in Phoenix, approached the principal about the Kids Voting Arizona program.
The program is a nonprofit, nonpartisan grassroots-driven voter-education program which is “committed to creating lifelong voting habits in children and increasing adult voter turnout.”
From kindergartners to sixth graders, over 500 students had an opportunity to learn about the candidates and important topics facing voters today.
“I think the process is important for kids to see that then generates voters when they are 18,” said Ricciardi.
Ricciardi said the kids walked away with an important lesson: “That you do have a voice and it’s important that you let it be heard.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food