The impending election is a topic you probably won’t be able to avoid, but is it a conversation to be had at work?
“Politics, like other things, is an emotional topic,” said Paul Spiegalman, an employee morale specialist. “Whether it’s politics or religion, there are things that are comfortable for people and things that are not.”
According to a recent survey by Careerbuilder of more than 4,100 workers, most workers stay clear of talking about their favorite political candidate around the water cooler.
Sixty-six percent said they choose not to disclose their political affiliation at work.
One explanation for the secrecy is the fear of job loss.
“They feel like if they don’t have an opinion that lines up with other people’s or even their own boss that they might be putting their position or job at risk,” said Spieglman.
According to Spieglman, talking politics at work it is a personal choice and if all parties are interested and willing.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick