PHOENIX — Maricopa County election officials said early voting has been going smoothly.
The county sent out over 1.1 million early ballots.
“We have about 700,000 ballots already back in,” said county recorder Helen Purcell. “We are processing those early ballots and have already started counting.”
Purcell said that hundreds of thousands of early ballots will already have been counted by the time the polls close at 7 p.m. on Tuesday. She said those ballots will be the first numbers seen election night.
Purcell said if early balllots haven’t been mailed yet, there’s only one option left: hand deliver it on Election Day.
“Drop it off at any polling place in Maricopa County,” said Purcell. “Do not drop it in the mail now because we have to have every early ballot turned into us by 7 o’clock on election night.”
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development