PHOENIX — Maricopa County election officials said early voting has been going smoothly.
The county sent out over 1.1 million early ballots.
“We have about 700,000 ballots already back in,” said county recorder Helen Purcell. “We are processing those early ballots and have already started counting.”
Purcell said that hundreds of thousands of early ballots will already have been counted by the time the polls close at 7 p.m. on Tuesday. She said those ballots will be the first numbers seen election night.
Purcell said if early balllots haven’t been mailed yet, there’s only one option left: hand deliver it on Election Day.
“Drop it off at any polling place in Maricopa County,” said Purcell. “Do not drop it in the mail now because we have to have every early ballot turned into us by 7 o’clock on election night.”
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.