PHOENIX — Maricopa County election officials said early voting has been going smoothly.
The county sent out over 1.1 million early ballots.
“We have about 700,000 ballots already back in,” said county recorder Helen Purcell. “We are processing those early ballots and have already started counting.”
Purcell said that hundreds of thousands of early ballots will already have been counted by the time the polls close at 7 p.m. on Tuesday. She said those ballots will be the first numbers seen election night.
Purcell said if early balllots haven’t been mailed yet, there’s only one option left: hand deliver it on Election Day.
“Drop it off at any polling place in Maricopa County,” said Purcell. “Do not drop it in the mail now because we have to have every early ballot turned into us by 7 o’clock on election night.”
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains