A move to Oregon turned into a nightmare for a 51-year-old Valley man on Friday.
The man was driving near the Loop 101 and 51st Ave. when a propane tank attached to a grill exploded.
“After moving from the house and driving down the road, this particular gas grill may have moved and caused the propane tank to open,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “The entire back-box area of this truck exploded.”
Marots said a toolbox and a mattress from the truck landed on a personal vehicle that was being towed, igniting that vehicle.
A nearby vehicle was damaged, but no one was injured.