A Scottsdale man has been cleared in two sexual- assault cases, after a DNA test proved to not be a match with forensic samples of the attacker.
Ryan Festa had turned himself in Oct. 26, after Scottsdale police released a sketch of a rape suspect, who resembled Festa. The 22-year-old’s attorney said the young man has a brain injury and is susceptible to suggestion.
Two women were sexually assaulted in their Scottsdale apartments in the span of a week, with the attacker using similar methods of entry into the homes.
The first attack occurred Oct. 18. Police spokesman Sgt. Mark Clark said a man entered an apartment through an unlocked patio door and sexually assaulted a 49-year-old woman.
A 29-year-old woman was assaulted Oct. 24 at a complex a few blocks away by a man who also came in through an unlocked patio door.
Both victims gave police similar descriptions of the man for the composite sketch.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains