Two major Valley utility companies are figuring out the final details before they sends crews and equipment to the East Coast to aid in the recovery from superstorm Sandy.
Scott Harelson with Salt River Project said the company is just about ready to send over 60 crew members and 27 trucks back east.
“The equipment is now scheduled to leave from the National Guard at Sky Harbor [Friday] morning,” he said. “The other crews, along with crews from APS will likely travel with us now on our charter flight that will leave Mesa-Gateway at noon.”
Arizona Public Service will send 36 employees along with bucket and boom trucks.
The equipment and crews will work with the Long Island Power Authority to restore power to New York and New Jersey.
It’s estimated that the crews and equipment will be on the East Coast for up to two weeks.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development