Two major Valley utility companies are figuring out the final details before they sends crews and equipment to the East Coast to aid in the recovery from superstorm Sandy.
Scott Harelson with Salt River Project said the company is just about ready to send over 60 crew members and 27 trucks back east.
“The equipment is now scheduled to leave from the National Guard at Sky Harbor [Friday] morning,” he said. “The other crews, along with crews from APS will likely travel with us now on our charter flight that will leave Mesa-Gateway at noon.”
Arizona Public Service will send 36 employees along with bucket and boom trucks.
The equipment and crews will work with the Long Island Power Authority to restore power to New York and New Jersey.
It’s estimated that the crews and equipment will be on the East Coast for up to two weeks.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns