If seafood sounds like a good idea for dinner this week, call ahead. Superstorm Sandy has been slowing down shipments to local restaurants.
The storm has hit the fishing industry hard, demolishing docks and capsizing boats along the northeast coast. As a result, some Valley restaurants aren’t getting their usual amount of seafood from back east.
“We get scallops from the north coast of Massachusetts,” said Eddie Matney, who owns Eddie’s House in Scottsdale. “They just informed us that scallops are going to be scarce for the next few days because they couldn’t fish.”
Matney said he’s relying on the West Coast more so this week to provide a lot of the fish for his restaurant.
“It is going to take a few days to bounce back. So we have to definitely make adjustments, but it’s about being resourceful.”
Matney said the number of shipments from the East Coast should be back to normal by next week.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them