If seafood sounds like a good idea for dinner this week, call ahead. Superstorm Sandy has been slowing down shipments to local restaurants.
The storm has hit the fishing industry hard, demolishing docks and capsizing boats along the northeast coast. As a result, some Valley restaurants aren’t getting their usual amount of seafood from back east.
“We get scallops from the north coast of Massachusetts,” said Eddie Matney, who owns Eddie’s House in Scottsdale. “They just informed us that scallops are going to be scarce for the next few days because they couldn’t fish.”
Matney said he’s relying on the West Coast more so this week to provide a lot of the fish for his restaurant.
“It is going to take a few days to bounce back. So we have to definitely make adjustments, but it’s about being resourceful.”
Matney said the number of shipments from the East Coast should be back to normal by next week.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development