TEMPE, Ariz. — Dozens of Arizona State University students showed up for a nonpartisan voter education rally Wednesday on the Tempe campus’ Hayden Lawn.
Supporters of Mitt Romney, President Barack Obama and several local candidates set up to booths to try to persuade students to vote for their cause.
“We have young Americans for Liberty, we have Students for Obama, we have representatives from the campaign offices of Kyrsten Sinema and Jerry Lewis. We have a huge breadth of people,” said event organizer Brianna Pantillione of the Arizona Students’ Association.
Mike Stauffer, an independent candidate for Maricopa County Sheriff, was also there.
Pantillione said the rally gave students a chance to meet with those campaign supporters and for the campaigns to get the students excited about voting.
“We’re hoping that they get the message out to help engage the youth vote and help make sure the students know that their voice is important,” she said. “Some students have voted before, but by en large this is the students’ first presidential election.”
Pantillione’s group was involved in a recent drive in which over seven thousand Arizonans registered to vote.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments