TEMPE, Ariz. — Dozens of Arizona State University students showed up for a nonpartisan voter education rally Wednesday on the Tempe campus’ Hayden Lawn.
Supporters of Mitt Romney, President Barack Obama and several local candidates set up to booths to try to persuade students to vote for their cause.
“We have young Americans for Liberty, we have Students for Obama, we have representatives from the campaign offices of Kyrsten Sinema and Jerry Lewis. We have a huge breadth of people,” said event organizer Brianna Pantillione of the Arizona Students’ Association.
Mike Stauffer, an independent candidate for Maricopa County Sheriff, was also there.
Pantillione said the rally gave students a chance to meet with those campaign supporters and for the campaigns to get the students excited about voting.
“We’re hoping that they get the message out to help engage the youth vote and help make sure the students know that their voice is important,” she said. “Some students have voted before, but by en large this is the students’ first presidential election.”
Pantillione’s group was involved in a recent drive in which over seven thousand Arizonans registered to vote.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon