A violent death for a Valley mom after she’s stabbed in front of her children Friday night.
Witnesses tell police 41-year-old Maria Gonzalez was stabbed by her husband during an argument, possibly over money. The suspect began to physically assault Gonzalez.
Phoenix Police Sergeant Steve Martos said it was in front of their children.
“This suspect began to physically assault his wife in front of the kids. We understand that there [are] 8 children that belong to Maria, ages 6 to 24,” Martos said.
Two of the kids tried to pull the husband off, he then got a knife and stabbed at Gonzalez, according to police. She died later at a local hospital.
The suspect, whose name has not been released, was injured and is in critical condition at a local hospital.
Police are still investigating the matter.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates