A violent death for a Valley mom after she’s stabbed in front of her children Friday night.
Witnesses tell police 41-year-old Maria Gonzalez was stabbed by her husband during an argument, possibly over money. The suspect began to physically assault Gonzalez.
Phoenix Police Sergeant Steve Martos said it was in front of their children.
“This suspect began to physically assault his wife in front of the kids. We understand that there [are] 8 children that belong to Maria, ages 6 to 24,” Martos said.
Two of the kids tried to pull the husband off, he then got a knife and stabbed at Gonzalez, according to police. She died later at a local hospital.
The suspect, whose name has not been released, was injured and is in critical condition at a local hospital.
Police are still investigating the matter.
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past