A violent death for a Valley mom after she’s stabbed in front of her children Friday night.
Witnesses tell police 41-year-old Maria Gonzalez was stabbed by her husband during an argument, possibly over money. The suspect began to physically assault Gonzalez.
Phoenix Police Sergeant Steve Martos said it was in front of their children.
“This suspect began to physically assault his wife in front of the kids. We understand that there [are] 8 children that belong to Maria, ages 6 to 24,” Martos said.
Two of the kids tried to pull the husband off, he then got a knife and stabbed at Gonzalez, according to police. She died later at a local hospital.
The suspect, whose name has not been released, was injured and is in critical condition at a local hospital.
Police are still investigating the matter.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development