A violent death for a Valley mom after she’s stabbed in front of her children Friday night.
Witnesses tell police 41-year-old Maria Gonzalez was stabbed by her husband during an argument, possibly over money. The suspect began to physically assault Gonzalez.
Phoenix Police Sergeant Steve Martos said it was in front of their children.
“This suspect began to physically assault his wife in front of the kids. We understand that there [are] 8 children that belong to Maria, ages 6 to 24,” Martos said.
Two of the kids tried to pull the husband off, he then got a knife and stabbed at Gonzalez, according to police. She died later at a local hospital.
The suspect, whose name has not been released, was injured and is in critical condition at a local hospital.
Police are still investigating the matter.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck