The ongoing National Hockey League lockout is on a lot of people’s minds, but that rings especially true in Glendale, home of the Phoenix Coyotes.
With every Coyotes home game that is cancelled at Jobing.com Arena, the city misses out on a lot of money.
“We are looking at a $60,000 revenue loss to the city per game,” said Glendale spokeswoman Jennifer Stein.
So far, the lockout has cost the city at least a quarter of a million dollars and it could end up being quite a bit more.
“If we are looking at a lockout that would impact the entire season, it is about $2.5 million of economic impact from the Coyotes and the arena,” said Stein.
Stein said that Glendale officials don’t think the lockout will have any influence on voters when they go to the polls next month. They will decide the fate of a sales tax that would pay for a $300 million arena deal with potential new Coyotes owner Greg Jamison.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development