The ongoing National Hockey League lockout is on a lot of people’s minds, but that rings especially true in Glendale, home of the Phoenix Coyotes.
With every Coyotes home game that is cancelled at Jobing.com Arena, the city misses out on a lot of money.
“We are looking at a $60,000 revenue loss to the city per game,” said Glendale spokeswoman Jennifer Stein.
So far, the lockout has cost the city at least a quarter of a million dollars and it could end up being quite a bit more.
“If we are looking at a lockout that would impact the entire season, it is about $2.5 million of economic impact from the Coyotes and the arena,” said Stein.
Stein said that Glendale officials don’t think the lockout will have any influence on voters when they go to the polls next month. They will decide the fate of a sales tax that would pay for a $300 million arena deal with potential new Coyotes owner Greg Jamison.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night