The ongoing National Hockey League lockout is on a lot of people’s minds, but that rings especially true in Glendale, home of the Phoenix Coyotes.
With every Coyotes home game that is cancelled at Jobing.com Arena, the city misses out on a lot of money.
“We are looking at a $60,000 revenue loss to the city per game,” said Glendale spokeswoman Jennifer Stein.
So far, the lockout has cost the city at least a quarter of a million dollars and it could end up being quite a bit more.
“If we are looking at a lockout that would impact the entire season, it is about $2.5 million of economic impact from the Coyotes and the arena,” said Stein.
Stein said that Glendale officials don’t think the lockout will have any influence on voters when they go to the polls next month. They will decide the fate of a sales tax that would pay for a $300 million arena deal with potential new Coyotes owner Greg Jamison.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy