Arizona State University students, faculty, staff and passersby got an eyeful of green Thursday morning, as “A” Mountain changed colors overnight to the color of the University of Oregon.
The No. 2 Oregon Ducks are in Tempe to play the Sun Devils Thursday. A big crowd is expected for the 6 o’clock Pac 12 game.
The usually gold letter had temporarily been painted black in conjunction with the “blackout’ promotion, which encourages all fans in attendance to wear black to the game.
The ‘A’ has been restored to its proper form, as members of ASU’s Student Alumni Association hiked up the mountain this morning to repaint it black.
Conspiracy theorists wonder if the prank is actually meant to be a motivator for the Devils. Everyone else just thinks some Ducks fans pulled a fast one.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns