Arizona State University students, faculty, staff and passersby got an eyeful of green Thursday morning, as “A” Mountain changed colors overnight to the color of the University of Oregon.
The No. 2 Oregon Ducks are in Tempe to play the Sun Devils Thursday. A big crowd is expected for the 6 o’clock Pac 12 game.
The usually gold letter had temporarily been painted black in conjunction with the “blackout’ promotion, which encourages all fans in attendance to wear black to the game.
The ‘A’ has been restored to its proper form, as members of ASU’s Student Alumni Association hiked up the mountain this morning to repaint it black.
Conspiracy theorists wonder if the prank is actually meant to be a motivator for the Devils. Everyone else just thinks some Ducks fans pulled a fast one.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain