Arizona State University students, faculty, staff and passersby got an eyeful of green Thursday morning, as “A” Mountain changed colors overnight to the color of the University of Oregon.
The No. 2 Oregon Ducks are in Tempe to play the Sun Devils Thursday. A big crowd is expected for the 6 o’clock Pac 12 game.
The usually gold letter had temporarily been painted black in conjunction with the “blackout’ promotion, which encourages all fans in attendance to wear black to the game.
The ‘A’ has been restored to its proper form, as members of ASU’s Student Alumni Association hiked up the mountain this morning to repaint it black.
Conspiracy theorists wonder if the prank is actually meant to be a motivator for the Devils. Everyone else just thinks some Ducks fans pulled a fast one.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains