Arizona State University students, faculty, staff and passersby got an eyeful of green Thursday morning, as “A” Mountain changed colors overnight to the color of the University of Oregon.
The No. 2 Oregon Ducks are in Tempe to play the Sun Devils Thursday. A big crowd is expected for the 6 o’clock Pac 12 game.
The usually gold letter had temporarily been painted black in conjunction with the “blackout’ promotion, which encourages all fans in attendance to wear black to the game.
The ‘A’ has been restored to its proper form, as members of ASU’s Student Alumni Association hiked up the mountain this morning to repaint it black.
Conspiracy theorists wonder if the prank is actually meant to be a motivator for the Devils. Everyone else just thinks some Ducks fans pulled a fast one.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development