New data from a 2011 American Community Survey shows that more Arizona adults are receiving bachelor’s degree.
The data showed that 26.6 percent of Arizonans, age 25 or older hold a bachelor’s degree, up from 25.9 percent in 2010.
“This is positive news for Arizona as higher education attainment is directly linked to our state’s economic success and individual earning potential,” said Arizona Board of Regents Chair Rick Myers in a statement.
According to a release by ABOR, the number of bachelor degrees awarded by universities has increased over the past three years. Currently, about 22,000 bachelor degrees are handed out each year at Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University and University of Arizona.
Community colleges transfers are also up 8.8 percent.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development