PHOENIX — Arizona’s 11 electoral votes could be up for grabs, according to a new Rocky Mountain Poll.
The latest poll shows President Barack Obama has 44 percent of the vote in Arizona, two points ahead of Republican challenger Mitt Romney. The poll’s research director said who wins here could ultimately come down to the Latino vote.
“If Latinos turn out anywhere near proportionate to their numbers, they’re going to be the deciding factor in this election,” said Earl De Berge, research director for the Behavior Research Center’s Rocky Mountain poll.
De Berge told Fox 10 Latino voters in Arizona heavily favor the president over Romney, 77 percent to 10 percent.
The challenge Democrats face is getting Latinos to head to the polls.
“About 20-25 percent of Latinos say they may not vote,” De Berge said.
The poll shows 13 percent of all voters in the state are still undecided.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon