PHOENIX — Arizona’s 11 electoral votes could be up for grabs, according to a new Rocky Mountain Poll.
The latest poll shows President Barack Obama has 44 percent of the vote in Arizona, two points ahead of Republican challenger Mitt Romney. The poll’s research director said who wins here could ultimately come down to the Latino vote.
“If Latinos turn out anywhere near proportionate to their numbers, they’re going to be the deciding factor in this election,” said Earl De Berge, research director for the Behavior Research Center’s Rocky Mountain poll.
De Berge told Fox 10 Latino voters in Arizona heavily favor the president over Romney, 77 percent to 10 percent.
The challenge Democrats face is getting Latinos to head to the polls.
“About 20-25 percent of Latinos say they may not vote,” De Berge said.
The poll shows 13 percent of all voters in the state are still undecided.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns