PHOENIX — Arizona’s 11 electoral votes could be up for grabs, according to a new Rocky Mountain Poll.
The latest poll shows President Barack Obama has 44 percent of the vote in Arizona, two points ahead of Republican challenger Mitt Romney. The poll’s research director said who wins here could ultimately come down to the Latino vote.
“If Latinos turn out anywhere near proportionate to their numbers, they’re going to be the deciding factor in this election,” said Earl De Berge, research director for the Behavior Research Center’s Rocky Mountain poll.
De Berge told Fox 10 Latino voters in Arizona heavily favor the president over Romney, 77 percent to 10 percent.
The challenge Democrats face is getting Latinos to head to the polls.
“About 20-25 percent of Latinos say they may not vote,” De Berge said.
The poll shows 13 percent of all voters in the state are still undecided.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains