A pit bull puppy that was beaten with a sledgehammer is up for adoption, the Panacea Animal Wellness Sanctuary said.
The 9-month-old puppy, known as Miles, had multiple compound fractures when he arrived at PAWS.
“He had very serious injuries to his two front legs,” said Michele Elek, one of the co-founders of PAWS. “The doctors, at the time, had considered euthanasia, but then, as they examined him further, they really wanted to give him a second chance.”
Doctors had to remove one of Miles’ legs due to the damage.
Miles is being considered for a prosthetic leg by the Hanger Clinic, the same organization that developed the prosthetic tail made famous in the film Dolphin Tale
Interested adopters can go to the PAWS website for more information.
The adoption fee is $400.
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match