A pit bull puppy that was beaten with a sledgehammer is up for adoption, the Panacea Animal Wellness Sanctuary said.
The 9-month-old puppy, known as Miles, had multiple compound fractures when he arrived at PAWS.
“He had very serious injuries to his two front legs,” said Michele Elek, one of the co-founders of PAWS. “The doctors, at the time, had considered euthanasia, but then, as they examined him further, they really wanted to give him a second chance.”
Doctors had to remove one of Miles’ legs due to the damage.
Miles is being considered for a prosthetic leg by the Hanger Clinic, the same organization that developed the prosthetic tail made famous in the film Dolphin Tale
Interested adopters can go to the PAWS website for more information.
The adoption fee is $400.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy