A Valley teacher has won the chance to meet one of the big names in professional golf.
Faith Montessori physical education teacher Steven Larson won the “Where’s the Blue Hat?” contest by sending in a photo of one of his classes holding up photos of Mickelson wearing his trademark hat.
“I had one of my friends, we were trying to figure out what to do, and she’s like, ‘Let’s make masks this weekend and have your kids and take a picture with them,’ ” said Larson of how he came up with the idea.
Larson said he’s excited to meet Mickelson.
“I’m pumped about that,” he said. “I went and got the haircut, I trimmed up the face a little bit. I’m going to bring a couple pictures and maybe a hat.”
Larson wins a trip for two to Monday night’s football game between the San Diego Chargers and Denver Broncos and an afternoon clinic with Mickelson.
Watch Mickelson call Larson to tell him the good news.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development