A Valley teacher has won the chance to meet one of the big names in professional golf.
Faith Montessori physical education teacher Steven Larson won the “Where’s the Blue Hat?” contest by sending in a photo of one of his classes holding up photos of Mickelson wearing his trademark hat.
“I had one of my friends, we were trying to figure out what to do, and she’s like, ‘Let’s make masks this weekend and have your kids and take a picture with them,’ ” said Larson of how he came up with the idea.
Larson said he’s excited to meet Mickelson.
“I’m pumped about that,” he said. “I went and got the haircut, I trimmed up the face a little bit. I’m going to bring a couple pictures and maybe a hat.”
Larson wins a trip for two to Monday night’s football game between the San Diego Chargers and Denver Broncos and an afternoon clinic with Mickelson.
Watch Mickelson call Larson to tell him the good news.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains