For the second time, Immigration and Customs Enforcement has refused to take a suspected illegal immigrant from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
In a release, MCSO said it encountered the men during a traffic stop. The driver was unable to provide proper identification to operate a vehicle and both men admitted to being in the country illegally.
The driver was booked into the Fourth Avenue Jail, but ICE would not accept the passenger of the vehicle, saying the man did not fall into their acceptance guidelines.
“I continue to enforce the laws but keep running into road blocks,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. “My office will continue its hard work in efforts to serve the residents of Maricopa County.”
MCSO took the suspect to the Border Patrol station in Casa Grande, where he was processed for deportation.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments