For the second time, Immigration and Customs Enforcement has refused to take a suspected illegal immigrant from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
In a release, MCSO said it encountered the men during a traffic stop. The driver was unable to provide proper identification to operate a vehicle and both men admitted to being in the country illegally.
The driver was booked into the Fourth Avenue Jail, but ICE would not accept the passenger of the vehicle, saying the man did not fall into their acceptance guidelines.
“I continue to enforce the laws but keep running into road blocks,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. “My office will continue its hard work in efforts to serve the residents of Maricopa County.”
MCSO took the suspect to the Border Patrol station in Casa Grande, where he was processed for deportation.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates