Over $3 million worth of marijuana was seized from the Arizona desert over the weekend, U.S. Customs and Border Enforcement said in a release.
On Saturday, mobile surveillance equipment spotted a group of suspected smugglers. When agents reached the area, they recovered 11 bundles of marijuana weighing about 594 pounds. It has a street value of about $297,000.
On Sunday, detection technology alerted agents and a helicopter crew near Ajo. When agents arrived on the scene, they found an abandoned SUV containing 1,745 pounds of marijuana worth $827,500.
Also on Sunday, agents spotted two separate tire tracks leading into the desert. The tracks led to the vehicles and 3,267 pounds of marijuana concealed in vegetation. This seizure totaled about $1.6 million.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas