Members of the Mesa Historical Museum will be holding an event for the public to see if Mesa’s Buckhorn Mineral Baths is haunted by Elvis Presley, who may have stayed there.
The 15-acre roadside landmark is located on the corner of East Main Street and Recker Road.
According to the East Valley Tribune, history fans of the Mesa Historical Museum said it’s possible Elvis stayed there while filming a scene from his 1960 movie, Flaming Star.
Talks about an Elvis connection recently surfaced at Buckhorn, a National Register of Historic Landmarks property, once owned by Ted and Alice Sliger from 1939 to 1999, when it closed.
Arizona Paranormal Investigations will search the Buckhorn buildings from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Oct. 20. The cost to attend is $40 per person.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night