Members of the Mesa Historical Museum will be holding an event for the public to see if Mesa’s Buckhorn Mineral Baths is haunted by Elvis Presley, who may have stayed there.
The 15-acre roadside landmark is located on the corner of East Main Street and Recker Road.
According to the East Valley Tribune, history fans of the Mesa Historical Museum said it’s possible Elvis stayed there while filming a scene from his 1960 movie, Flaming Star.
Talks about an Elvis connection recently surfaced at Buckhorn, a National Register of Historic Landmarks property, once owned by Ted and Alice Sliger from 1939 to 1999, when it closed.
Arizona Paranormal Investigations will search the Buckhorn buildings from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Oct. 20. The cost to attend is $40 per person.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon