Members of the Mesa Historical Museum will be holding an event for the public to see if Mesa’s Buckhorn Mineral Baths is haunted by Elvis Presley, who may have stayed there.
The 15-acre roadside landmark is located on the corner of East Main Street and Recker Road.
According to the East Valley Tribune, history fans of the Mesa Historical Museum said it’s possible Elvis stayed there while filming a scene from his 1960 movie, Flaming Star.
Talks about an Elvis connection recently surfaced at Buckhorn, a National Register of Historic Landmarks property, once owned by Ted and Alice Sliger from 1939 to 1999, when it closed.
Arizona Paranormal Investigations will search the Buckhorn buildings from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Oct. 20. The cost to attend is $40 per person.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier