Two planes collided south of Phoenix on Friday, the Federal Aviation Administration said.
The pilot of a Piper PA28 reported the collision about 2 p.m. He identified the other plane as a Piper Cherokee.
The collision happened about 12 miles southeast of Chandler Airport. Ian Gregor with the FAA said both planes sustained significant damage.
The PA28 landed safely at the Gila River Memorial Airport. The other plane landed at a vehicle test track.
“Speaking from my own personal experience, if I’m responding to a call that they say an aircraft is down, I’m not expecting a plane that hit another plane in midair to be sitting on it’s wheels and everybody doing just fine, so it’s definitely it’s something we’re happy about, but it’s definitely shocking to see it,” said John Shaffer with the Maricopa Fire Department.”
The PA28 is registered to the Chandler Air Service and the other was registered to the Aircraft Guaranty Corp Trustee in Texas.
No injuries have been reported.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments