A Valley food bank is trying to refill its food reserves after a recall of peanut butter forced it to throw it all away.
“The peanut butter recall has come at a difficult time because our warehouse supplies were already at low levels coming off a very slow donation summer,” said Beverly Damore, President and CEO of St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance. “Now taking a core item of our emergency food boxes away has really put a strain on our ability to meet the needs of Arizona’s hungry.”
St. Mary’s said it currently has 50 percent less non-perishable food items in its stores in comparison with this time last year.
Donations can be taken to three locations: Phoenix (2831 N. 31st Avenue), Surprise (13050 W. Elm Street) or Flagstaff (1801 W. Route 66) or the donation boxes at any Goodwill store.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development