A small group of applicants for the newly-implemented Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program formally invited on Wednesday two state leaders to a speak-out event.
The group gathered in front of the executive tower and made their way peacefully to Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s office. The governor is out of state, however a member of her staff took the invitation and assured the group that Brewer would be made aware of the event.
John Halikowski, Director of the Arizona Department of Transportation – Motor Vehicle Division was also invited.
We hope that she can make the event,” said Luis Dominguez with LUCHA, Living United for Change in Arizona. “We want her to reconsider the policy that prohibits the DACA applicants from receiving a driver’s license.”
The speak-out event on Oct. 25 at the state capitol will include speeches from DREAMers and DACA applicants.
According to information provided by LUCHA, “they will speak up about their need for driver’s licenses and ask the two public servants to reconsider.”
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets