Over $300,000 worth of stolen copper was recovered on Sept. 27 by Arizona Department of Public Safety officers, the agency said in a release.
Officers executed a traffic stop on a commercial vehicle on Interstate 10 near milepost 200 after the ASARCO Mining Corporation, based in Hayden, Ariz., reported copper ingots were stolen.
The traffic stop yielded 48 ingots, which are four feet in width, four feet in length and two inches thick. They weigh about 880 pounds each.
Due to information received during the traffic stop,DPS obtained a search warrant for a residence located at 6320 W. Tangerine Road in Marana, Ariz.
During the execution of the search warrant, officers recovered 54 more copper ingots and seized three truck tractors, three semi-trailers, one fork lift and two hand carts.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever