Over $300,000 worth of stolen copper was recovered on Sept. 27 by Arizona Department of Public Safety officers, the agency said in a release.
Officers executed a traffic stop on a commercial vehicle on Interstate 10 near milepost 200 after the ASARCO Mining Corporation, based in Hayden, Ariz., reported copper ingots were stolen.
The traffic stop yielded 48 ingots, which are four feet in width, four feet in length and two inches thick. They weigh about 880 pounds each.
Due to information received during the traffic stop,DPS obtained a search warrant for a residence located at 6320 W. Tangerine Road in Marana, Ariz.
During the execution of the search warrant, officers recovered 54 more copper ingots and seized three truck tractors, three semi-trailers, one fork lift and two hand carts.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them