Twenty-five criminal underage drinking citations were made on Saturday night after Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies did an undercover operation at a motorcross race track.
MCSO also said in a release that there were five DUI arrests, two drug arrests, 15 civil traffic violations and six arrests on criminal warrants made at Speedworld Raceway Park in Wittmann, Ariz.
“Underage drinking is a serious problem and somebody out there is obviously selling alcohol to these kids. We’re going to find out,” said Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
The sheriff’s office was provided images of underage drinking and other activities with boys as young as 12 there.
Speedworld released the following statement on Tuesday via their public relations firm, Rose+Moser+Allyn.
“We would like to get to the bottom of this as much as anybody. We do not sell alcohol on the premises nor do we possess a permit to do so. We don’t think this is a widespread or consistent issue but anytime there are arrests for something of this nature, it obviously gets our attention. Although we already have robust security on the grounds, out of an abundance of caution we are re-evaluating our security presence and will take the appropriate next steps. We want to ensure that fans come to Speedworld and enjoy motor sports in a safe and legal manner.”
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever