Twenty-five criminal underage drinking citations were made on Saturday night after Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies did an undercover operation at a motorcross race track.
MCSO also said in a release that there were five DUI arrests, two drug arrests, 15 civil traffic violations and six arrests on criminal warrants made at Speedworld Raceway Park in Wittmann, Ariz.
“Underage drinking is a serious problem and somebody out there is obviously selling alcohol to these kids. We’re going to find out,” said Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
The sheriff’s office was provided images of underage drinking and other activities with boys as young as 12 there.
Speedworld released the following statement on Tuesday via their public relations firm, Rose+Moser+Allyn.
“We would like to get to the bottom of this as much as anybody. We do not sell alcohol on the premises nor do we possess a permit to do so. We don’t think this is a widespread or consistent issue but anytime there are arrests for something of this nature, it obviously gets our attention. Although we already have robust security on the grounds, out of an abundance of caution we are re-evaluating our security presence and will take the appropriate next steps. We want to ensure that fans come to Speedworld and enjoy motor sports in a safe and legal manner.”
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development