Twenty-five criminal underage drinking citations were made on Saturday night after Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies did an undercover operation at a motorcross race track.
MCSO also said in a release that there were five DUI arrests, two drug arrests, 15 civil traffic violations and six arrests on criminal warrants made at Speedworld Raceway Park in Wittmann, Ariz.
“Underage drinking is a serious problem and somebody out there is obviously selling alcohol to these kids. We’re going to find out,” said Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
The sheriff’s office was provided images of underage drinking and other activities with boys as young as 12 there.
Speedworld released the following statement on Tuesday via their public relations firm, Rose+Moser+Allyn.
“We would like to get to the bottom of this as much as anybody. We do not sell alcohol on the premises nor do we possess a permit to do so. We don’t think this is a widespread or consistent issue but anytime there are arrests for something of this nature, it obviously gets our attention. Although we already have robust security on the grounds, out of an abundance of caution we are re-evaluating our security presence and will take the appropriate next steps. We want to ensure that fans come to Speedworld and enjoy motor sports in a safe and legal manner.”
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates