Twenty-five criminal underage drinking citations were made on Saturday night after Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies did an undercover operation at a motorcross race track.
MCSO also said in a release that there were five DUI arrests, two drug arrests, 15 civil traffic violations and six arrests on criminal warrants made at Speedworld Raceway Park in Wittmann, Ariz.
“Underage drinking is a serious problem and somebody out there is obviously selling alcohol to these kids. We’re going to find out,” said Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
The sheriff’s office was provided images of underage drinking and other activities with boys as young as 12 there.
Speedworld released the following statement on Tuesday via their public relations firm, Rose+Moser+Allyn.
“We would like to get to the bottom of this as much as anybody. We do not sell alcohol on the premises nor do we possess a permit to do so. We don’t think this is a widespread or consistent issue but anytime there are arrests for something of this nature, it obviously gets our attention. Although we already have robust security on the grounds, out of an abundance of caution we are re-evaluating our security presence and will take the appropriate next steps. We want to ensure that fans come to Speedworld and enjoy motor sports in a safe and legal manner.”
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain