As allegations against Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne continue to mount, one Arizona senator has called for his resignation.
Arizona Sen. Steve Gallardo released the following statement on Monday. It has not been altered in any way.
“The FBI and the Maricopa County Attorney have both concluded that Attorney General Horne intentionally broke state election laws while he was an elected state officer and while he was running for his current office,” said Sen. Gallardo.
“It is disgusting that our state’s top law enforcement official considered himself above the laws he sought to enforce. Therefore, I call on Attorney General Horne to immediately resign and return his fraudulently-gained office to the citizens of Arizona.
“Not only should Horne resign, he should be held personally liable for any fines or penalties and should be fully prosecuted if found guilty of his apparent hit-and-run incident.”
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates