As allegations against Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne continue to mount, one Arizona senator has called for his resignation.
Arizona Sen. Steve Gallardo released the following statement on Monday. It has not been altered in any way.
“The FBI and the Maricopa County Attorney have both concluded that Attorney General Horne intentionally broke state election laws while he was an elected state officer and while he was running for his current office,” said Sen. Gallardo.
“It is disgusting that our state’s top law enforcement official considered himself above the laws he sought to enforce. Therefore, I call on Attorney General Horne to immediately resign and return his fraudulently-gained office to the citizens of Arizona.
“Not only should Horne resign, he should be held personally liable for any fines or penalties and should be fully prosecuted if found guilty of his apparent hit-and-run incident.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon