PHOENIX — Another set of quintuplets has been delivered at Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa.
Meryl Ferraro, 39, delivered three girls and two boys. Ferraro arrived in Mesa from southern California during her 23rd week of pregnancy to receive care from Dr. John Elliott, an internationally recognized expert in multiple births.
Ferraro and her husband said they turned to Elliott after receiving pessimistic reports from other doctors.
After Ferraro underwent emergency surgery during her 17th week, Elliott said he didn’t think all five babies would be delivered.
“There is no way these babies should be here today,” he said. “I don’t use the term loosely, but these babies are miracles.”
The Ferraro babies, Gabrielle, Riley, Addison, Cooper and Emerson, are doing well and should go home within a month.
“I actually lost count,” said Ferraro. “I thought after four we were done, but there was one more.”
Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa has delivered two sets of out-of-state quintuplets in the past three weeks. A North Carolina couple had quints there Sept. 4.
Elliott has delivered more than 100 sets of quadruplets, 14 sets of quintuplets, and two sets of sextuplets.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development