Two Valley cities are among the top 50 in the nation, a study said.
According to Bloomberg Businessweek, both Phoenix and Scottsdale are among the best U.S. cities.
Phoenix was ranked 44th overall because of its over 300 days of sunshine per year, good golf courses and South Mountain Park/Preserve, the largest municipal park in the country.
Scottsdale edged Phoenix by one spot, coming in at number 43. The study called it “a richer, safer sister to Arizona’s capital, Phoenix.” Despite it having few libraries, Scottsdale boasts plentiful golf course and over 80 art galleries.
Overall, the top city in the U.S. was San Francisco, based on the city’s blend of entertainment, education and a prosperous economy.
The study ranked the cities based on numerous factors, including its leisure attributes, educational attributes, economic factors, crime and air quality.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development