Two Valley cities are among the top 50 in the nation, a study said.
According to Bloomberg Businessweek, both Phoenix and Scottsdale are among the best U.S. cities.
Phoenix was ranked 44th overall because of its over 300 days of sunshine per year, good golf courses and South Mountain Park/Preserve, the largest municipal park in the country.
Scottsdale edged Phoenix by one spot, coming in at number 43. The study called it “a richer, safer sister to Arizona’s capital, Phoenix.” Despite it having few libraries, Scottsdale boasts plentiful golf course and over 80 art galleries.
Overall, the top city in the U.S. was San Francisco, based on the city’s blend of entertainment, education and a prosperous economy.
The study ranked the cities based on numerous factors, including its leisure attributes, educational attributes, economic factors, crime and air quality.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments