The sports world is uniting to get rid of the NFL replacement referees, and Rep. Jeff Flake has joined the cause.
The officials were in the spotlight Tuesday after a blown call that led to the Seattle Seahawks dropping the Green Bay Packers on a last-second “catch” that looked an awful lot like an interception.
“Talk about a comedy of errors,” Flake told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck. “From the missed interference call to how in the world you could see that as a catch for a touchdown, I just don’t know.”
Flake added that the referees need help, badly, but laughed when asked if there was going to be a Congressional investigation.
“That’s always been so pathetic,” he said. “Congress concerning itself in steroid stuff and everything else, but that’s not what I see happening.”
Flake said he hopes the officials solve the labor dispute soon.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates