With technology moving at such a fast pace, educators are dealing with a different type of student now.
Adria Renke, vice president at Brophy College Prepatory in Phoenix joined Karie & Chuck on Monday for their “Eyes on Education” series.
“I think technology is additive in the classroom. I think it does a lot of great things. It keeps kids on task,” said Renke, who wrote the book, Home Tutoring Made Easy.
The colleges are nowhere near where the high schools are with technology.
She also said it’s important to find your child a community, whether it’s in or outside of school.
“If you don’t find it parents, they will. And they will choose anything to be part of a community,” said Renke.
She said to find the place where your child will feel most comfortable. Some people need to be nurtured in smaller settings.
“Human connection is everything,” said Renke.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains