With technology moving at such a fast pace, educators are dealing with a different type of student now.
Adria Renke, vice president at Brophy College Prepatory in Phoenix joined Karie & Chuck on Monday for their “Eyes on Education” series.
“I think technology is additive in the classroom. I think it does a lot of great things. It keeps kids on task,” said Renke, who wrote the book, Home Tutoring Made Easy.
The colleges are nowhere near where the high schools are with technology.
She also said it’s important to find your child a community, whether it’s in or outside of school.
“If you don’t find it parents, they will. And they will choose anything to be part of a community,” said Renke.
She said to find the place where your child will feel most comfortable. Some people need to be nurtured in smaller settings.
“Human connection is everything,” said Renke.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona