With technology moving at such a fast pace, educators are dealing with a different type of student now.
Adria Renke, vice president at Brophy College Prepatory in Phoenix joined Karie & Chuck on Monday for their “Eyes on Education” series.
“I think technology is additive in the classroom. I think it does a lot of great things. It keeps kids on task,” said Renke, who wrote the book, Home Tutoring Made Easy.
The colleges are nowhere near where the high schools are with technology.
She also said it’s important to find your child a community, whether it’s in or outside of school.
“If you don’t find it parents, they will. And they will choose anything to be part of a community,” said Renke.
She said to find the place where your child will feel most comfortable. Some people need to be nurtured in smaller settings.
“Human connection is everything,” said Renke.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon