A Deer Valley elementary school teacher was arrested Sept. 13 for allegedly selling marijuana, police said.
Phoenix Police Officer James Holmes said Bobbi Jo Grunert, her husband James Grunert, and Heather Kallipolitis were selling the marijuana out of a north Phoenix office owned under a false landscaping company and online.
Police began investigating the trio on Aug. 15 after receiving or developing information that someone was selling medical marijuana in a Phoenix business, Holmes said.
Bobbi Jo Grunert has a medical marijuana card that allows her to dispense the restricted substance.
“According to the law, you can certainly grow medical marijuana as a caregiver, but you can only dispense it to those clients for whom you are responsible,” Holmes said. “What we found of course is that they were actually selling marijuana out of the business, basically to anyone.”
Holmes said it is illegal to sell medical marijuana for profit.
Holmes said Grunert’s teaching position and marijuana dealing seem to be mutually exclusive.
All three people were charged with marijuana trafficking-related charges.
Cops do not think Grunert sold marijuana at school.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees