A Deer Valley elementary school teacher was arrested Sept. 13 for allegedly selling marijuana, police said.
Phoenix Police Officer James Holmes said Bobbi Jo Grunert, her husband James Grunert, and Heather Kallipolitis were selling the marijuana out of a north Phoenix office owned under a false landscaping company and online.
Police began investigating the trio on Aug. 15 after receiving or developing information that someone was selling medical marijuana in a Phoenix business, Holmes said.
Bobbi Jo Grunert has a medical marijuana card that allows her to dispense the restricted substance.
“According to the law, you can certainly grow medical marijuana as a caregiver, but you can only dispense it to those clients for whom you are responsible,” Holmes said. “What we found of course is that they were actually selling marijuana out of the business, basically to anyone.”
Holmes said it is illegal to sell medical marijuana for profit.
Holmes said Grunert’s teaching position and marijuana dealing seem to be mutually exclusive.
All three people were charged with marijuana trafficking-related charges.
Cops do not think Grunert sold marijuana at school.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night