A Deer Valley elementary school teacher was arrested Sept. 13 for allegedly selling marijuana, police said.
Phoenix Police Officer James Holmes said Bobbi Jo Grunert, her husband James Grunert, and Heather Kallipolitis were selling the marijuana out of a north Phoenix office owned under a false landscaping company and online.
Police began investigating the trio on Aug. 15 after receiving or developing information that someone was selling medical marijuana in a Phoenix business, Holmes said.
Bobbi Jo Grunert has a medical marijuana card that allows her to dispense the restricted substance.
“According to the law, you can certainly grow medical marijuana as a caregiver, but you can only dispense it to those clients for whom you are responsible,” Holmes said. “What we found of course is that they were actually selling marijuana out of the business, basically to anyone.”
Holmes said it is illegal to sell medical marijuana for profit.
Holmes said Grunert’s teaching position and marijuana dealing seem to be mutually exclusive.
All three people were charged with marijuana trafficking-related charges.
Cops do not think Grunert sold marijuana at school.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments