A Deer Valley elementary school teacher was arrested Sept. 13 for allegedly selling marijuana, police said.
Phoenix Police Officer James Holmes said Bobbi Jo Grunert, her husband James Grunert, and Heather Kallipolitis were selling the marijuana out of a north Phoenix office owned under a false landscaping company and online.
Police began investigating the trio on Aug. 15 after receiving or developing information that someone was selling medical marijuana in a Phoenix business, Holmes said.
Bobbi Jo Grunert has a medical marijuana card that allows her to dispense the restricted substance.
“According to the law, you can certainly grow medical marijuana as a caregiver, but you can only dispense it to those clients for whom you are responsible,” Holmes said. “What we found of course is that they were actually selling marijuana out of the business, basically to anyone.”
Holmes said it is illegal to sell medical marijuana for profit.
Holmes said Grunert’s teaching position and marijuana dealing seem to be mutually exclusive.
All three people were charged with marijuana trafficking-related charges.
Cops do not think Grunert sold marijuana at school.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development