A couple has been arrested in connection with the homicide of a man who was reported missing on Monday, the Tempe Police Department said.
Jason Johnson, 43, was last seen at his place of business, Scottsdale Auto Center, on Sept. 14 about 6:00 p.m. According to family, he missed several appointments over the weekend.
While investigating the case, police determined that Johnson and co-owner Chad Norris, 33, had been involved in a confrontation. When police contacted Norris and his wife, Tamara Norris, 31, both were not willing to cooperate with the investigation.
Police placed the couple under surveillance and were seen leaving their residence with a box trailer attached to an SUV. The couple drove to an area in Phoenix and abandoned the trailer.
Police brought in a cadaver dog, who alerted to the trailer. When authorities forced their way inside, they found blood, spent shell casings and a wallet containing Johnson’s driver’s license.
Chad Norris was charged with second-degree murder and his wife was charged with felony hindering.
No body has been found.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon