A couple has been arrested in connection with the homicide of a man who was reported missing on Monday, the Tempe Police Department said.
Jason Johnson, 43, was last seen at his place of business, Scottsdale Auto Center, on Sept. 14 about 6:00 p.m. According to family, he missed several appointments over the weekend.
While investigating the case, police determined that Johnson and co-owner Chad Norris, 33, had been involved in a confrontation. When police contacted Norris and his wife, Tamara Norris, 31, both were not willing to cooperate with the investigation.
Police placed the couple under surveillance and were seen leaving their residence with a box trailer attached to an SUV. The couple drove to an area in Phoenix and abandoned the trailer.
Police brought in a cadaver dog, who alerted to the trailer. When authorities forced their way inside, they found blood, spent shell casings and a wallet containing Johnson’s driver’s license.
Chad Norris was charged with second-degree murder and his wife was charged with felony hindering.
No body has been found.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain