A man has been arrested in connection with over 42 burglaries in Sun Lakes, Chandler and Phoenix, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said.
The suspect, 50-year-old Kilian Hale, was arrested after allegedly selling stolen goods to pawn shops while under police surveillance.
Police believe Hale, in at least 42 burglaries, would check out a home and after determining that no one was home, would use a rock to break in to the residence.
“This is another fine example of excellent work by my deputies,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio in a release. “And kudos also to Chandler Police. They gave us a name of the suspect who they saw as a suspicious person. Their hunch and our good detective work put this guy out of business.”
It is estimated that Hale stole over $100,000 worth of goods.
Hale was arrested on charges of trafficking in stolen property, burglary, possession of a dangerous drug and possession of marijuana.
Hale lives in Sun Lakes with this mother.
Anyone who has more information Hale, experienced a similar break-in or works at a pawn shop who may have purchased from Hale is asked to call MCSO at (602) 876-1011.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees