A man has been arrested in connection with over 42 burglaries in Sun Lakes, Chandler and Phoenix, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said.
The suspect, 50-year-old Kilian Hale, was arrested after allegedly selling stolen goods to pawn shops while under police surveillance.
Police believe Hale, in at least 42 burglaries, would check out a home and after determining that no one was home, would use a rock to break in to the residence.
“This is another fine example of excellent work by my deputies,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio in a release. “And kudos also to Chandler Police. They gave us a name of the suspect who they saw as a suspicious person. Their hunch and our good detective work put this guy out of business.”
It is estimated that Hale stole over $100,000 worth of goods.
Hale was arrested on charges of trafficking in stolen property, burglary, possession of a dangerous drug and possession of marijuana.
Hale lives in Sun Lakes with this mother.
Anyone who has more information Hale, experienced a similar break-in or works at a pawn shop who may have purchased from Hale is asked to call MCSO at (602) 876-1011.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night