A man has been arrested in connection with over 42 burglaries in Sun Lakes, Chandler and Phoenix, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said.
The suspect, 50-year-old Kilian Hale, was arrested after allegedly selling stolen goods to pawn shops while under police surveillance.
Police believe Hale, in at least 42 burglaries, would check out a home and after determining that no one was home, would use a rock to break in to the residence.
“This is another fine example of excellent work by my deputies,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio in a release. “And kudos also to Chandler Police. They gave us a name of the suspect who they saw as a suspicious person. Their hunch and our good detective work put this guy out of business.”
It is estimated that Hale stole over $100,000 worth of goods.
Hale was arrested on charges of trafficking in stolen property, burglary, possession of a dangerous drug and possession of marijuana.
Hale lives in Sun Lakes with this mother.
Anyone who has more information Hale, experienced a similar break-in or works at a pawn shop who may have purchased from Hale is asked to call MCSO at (602) 876-1011.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments