In its new list of the 400 wealthiest Americans, Forbes announced five people come from Arizona.
No. 92 Bruce Halle, No. 250 Bennett Dorrance, No. 311 Bob Parsons, No. 388 Peter Sperling and No. 392 Arturo Moreno all made the list.
Halle, 82, who has a net worth of $4 billion is from Paradise Valley. He opened his first tire store over 50 years ago. Halle’s Discount Tire is now the world’s largest independent tire and wheel retailer, according to Forbes.
Dorrance, 66, also a Paradise Valley resident is the grandson of Campbell Soup founder John T. Dorrance. He and his fellow billionaire sister Mary Alice Dorrance Malone sit on the board of Campbell Soup. His net worth is at $1.9 billion.
Parsons, 61, a Scottsdale resident, has a net worth of $1.5 billion. He is the founder of the web hosting company Go Daddy. Parsons sold the majority of the company in 2011, but is still the largest shareholder and executive chairman of the company.
Sperling, 52, is the youngest of the Arizona residents who made the list. The Phoenix resident has a net worth of $1.15 billion from joining Apollo Group, which his father started. Sperling has cashed out over the years by selling some of his shares of Apollo, which has 400,000 students taking classes.
The last Arizonan to make the list, Moreno, 66 is also from Phoenix and has a net worth of $1.1 billion. He is the owner of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim baseball team.
Forbes reported that the 400 richest Americans have a combined net worth of $1.7 trillion. Bill Gates sits at the No. 1 spot, with a net worth of $66 billion.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy