In its new list of the 400 wealthiest Americans, Forbes announced five people come from Arizona.
No. 92 Bruce Halle, No. 250 Bennett Dorrance, No. 311 Bob Parsons, No. 388 Peter Sperling and No. 392 Arturo Moreno all made the list.
Halle, 82, who has a net worth of $4 billion is from Paradise Valley. He opened his first tire store over 50 years ago. Halle’s Discount Tire is now the world’s largest independent tire and wheel retailer, according to Forbes.
Dorrance, 66, also a Paradise Valley resident is the grandson of Campbell Soup founder John T. Dorrance. He and his fellow billionaire sister Mary Alice Dorrance Malone sit on the board of Campbell Soup. His net worth is at $1.9 billion.
Parsons, 61, a Scottsdale resident, has a net worth of $1.5 billion. He is the founder of the web hosting company Go Daddy. Parsons sold the majority of the company in 2011, but is still the largest shareholder and executive chairman of the company.
Sperling, 52, is the youngest of the Arizona residents who made the list. The Phoenix resident has a net worth of $1.15 billion from joining Apollo Group, which his father started. Sperling has cashed out over the years by selling some of his shares of Apollo, which has 400,000 students taking classes.
The last Arizonan to make the list, Moreno, 66 is also from Phoenix and has a net worth of $1.1 billion. He is the owner of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim baseball team.
Forbes reported that the 400 richest Americans have a combined net worth of $1.7 trillion. Bill Gates sits at the No. 1 spot, with a net worth of $66 billion.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier