Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu has spoken out against a report that cleared U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder from any wrongdoing in connection with the botched Fast and Furious operation.
“How can he not be responsible? He’s the Attorney General,” said Babeu. “If we gave 200 guns — not 2,000 — to criminals in Pinal County and people were killed who would people hold accoutable? Me, as the sheriff.”
Babeu said this investigation appears to be a whitewash to insulate Holder within 50 days of the election.
“This is outrageous,” he said.
Babeu said over 300 Mexican citizens, along with Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, have been killed with weapons from Fast and Furious.
“Our government gave guns to the worst criminals in north America: the Mexican drug cartels,” he said. “Who’s accoutable for this?”
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets