Things aren’t looking good for Arizona Diamondbacks broadcaster Mark Grace.
According to ABC15, the Scottsdale Police Department is pursuing an aggravated DUI charge against Grace, who is being charged with his second such crime in about one year.
Blood tests performed on the 48-year-old Paradise Valley resident showed he had a blood alcohol content of .095, over the legal limit of .08, Sgt. Mark Clark said.
When Grace was arrested on Aug. 23, he also allegedly did not have his required interlock device in place, was driving on a suspended license and his registration was expired.
A conviction of driving without the required interlock carries a prison sentence of one year to 3.75 years, followed by probation.
After consulting with a Valley attorney, KTAR learned that, if Grace is convicted of his second DUI within the past seven years, he would be sentenced to a mandatory 90 days in jail, 60 of which could be suspended if he attends alcohol classes.
If Grace is convicted of an aggravated DUI, a felony, he would get prison time, though it is unclear how long he would be sentenced to, as the time given is dependent on numerous variables. The average sentence in these cases is 2.5 years.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them