Things aren’t looking good for Arizona Diamondbacks broadcaster Mark Grace.
According to ABC15, the Scottsdale Police Department is pursuing an aggravated DUI charge against Grace, who is being charged with his second such crime in about one year.
Blood tests performed on the 48-year-old Paradise Valley resident showed he had a blood alcohol content of .095, over the legal limit of .08, Sgt. Mark Clark said.
When Grace was arrested on Aug. 23, he also allegedly did not have his required interlock device in place, was driving on a suspended license and his registration was expired.
A conviction of driving without the required interlock carries a prison sentence of one year to 3.75 years, followed by probation.
After consulting with a Valley attorney, KTAR learned that, if Grace is convicted of his second DUI within the past seven years, he would be sentenced to a mandatory 90 days in jail, 60 of which could be suspended if he attends alcohol classes.
If Grace is convicted of an aggravated DUI, a felony, he would get prison time, though it is unclear how long he would be sentenced to, as the time given is dependent on numerous variables. The average sentence in these cases is 2.5 years.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier