SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Not everyone is happy about a new entertainment complex planned for Scottsdale.
The construction site sits in one of the most popular party areas of Oldtown Scottsdale. The Scottsdale retail plaza on Shoeman Lane, just east of Scottsdale and Camelbacks roads, is slated to be home to a new indoor-outdoor beach club and two more bars.
People who live nearby fear the new complex will cause even more congestion and illegal parking on a block that already has a limited number of spots.
Mayor Jim Lane said the city is working to prevent any disturbance.
“We want to make sure that it works for everybody,” he said. “Certainly we’re working always to try to mitigate any kind of difficulty.”
Lane said the businesses have agreed to a number of stipulations, including keeping the loud music indoors. The complex is set to open by the beginning of next year.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon