SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Not everyone is happy about a new entertainment complex planned for Scottsdale.
The construction site sits in one of the most popular party areas of Oldtown Scottsdale. The Scottsdale retail plaza on Shoeman Lane, just east of Scottsdale and Camelbacks roads, is slated to be home to a new indoor-outdoor beach club and two more bars.
People who live nearby fear the new complex will cause even more congestion and illegal parking on a block that already has a limited number of spots.
Mayor Jim Lane said the city is working to prevent any disturbance.
“We want to make sure that it works for everybody,” he said. “Certainly we’re working always to try to mitigate any kind of difficulty.”
Lane said the businesses have agreed to a number of stipulations, including keeping the loud music indoors. The complex is set to open by the beginning of next year.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments