SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Not everyone is happy about a new entertainment complex planned for Scottsdale.
The construction site sits in one of the most popular party areas of Oldtown Scottsdale. The Scottsdale retail plaza on Shoeman Lane, just east of Scottsdale and Camelbacks roads, is slated to be home to a new indoor-outdoor beach club and two more bars.
People who live nearby fear the new complex will cause even more congestion and illegal parking on a block that already has a limited number of spots.
Mayor Jim Lane said the city is working to prevent any disturbance.
“We want to make sure that it works for everybody,” he said. “Certainly we’re working always to try to mitigate any kind of difficulty.”
Lane said the businesses have agreed to a number of stipulations, including keeping the loud music indoors. The complex is set to open by the beginning of next year.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees