SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Not everyone is happy about a new entertainment complex planned for Scottsdale.
The construction site sits in one of the most popular party areas of Oldtown Scottsdale. The Scottsdale retail plaza on Shoeman Lane, just east of Scottsdale and Camelbacks roads, is slated to be home to a new indoor-outdoor beach club and two more bars.
People who live nearby fear the new complex will cause even more congestion and illegal parking on a block that already has a limited number of spots.
Mayor Jim Lane said the city is working to prevent any disturbance.
“We want to make sure that it works for everybody,” he said. “Certainly we’re working always to try to mitigate any kind of difficulty.”
Lane said the businesses have agreed to a number of stipulations, including keeping the loud music indoors. The complex is set to open by the beginning of next year.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck