Cost of living in the U.S. increased by the largest amount in three years during the month of August, according to Businessweek.
The Consumer Price Index made a 0.6 percent increase in August, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Items not related to food and gasoline prices only increased 0.1 percent, according to Businessweek.
“I think inflation will remain benign for some time,” Ryan Sweet, a senior economist at Moody’s Analytics Inc. in West Chester, Pa., told Businessweek before the report. “The consumer’s still very, very price-sensitive, and rightfully so because the unemployment rate’s high, wage growth is barely keeping up with inflation.”
Rising gas prices accounted for 80 percent of the increase, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick