A man is in custody after allegedly placing three pipe bomb-like explosives in front of a Glendale home, the Glendale Police Department said.
The suspect, identified as Gary Vogt, was arrested after a combined investigation between Glendale police and the ATF.
According to police, Vogt placed three improvised explosive devices in the driveway of a residence near 67th Ave. and Olive over the last 14 months.
After the second such incident, the homeowner installed cameras, which capture Vogt allegedly placing the third IED in the driveway before getting into his white 1998 Chevrolet Suburban, also caught on camera.
“The execution of that search warrant had items of evidence taken into custody, to include a four-door white Suburban,” said ATF Agent Tom Mangan.
Vogt was arrested on federal explosive charges. His first court appearance is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. on Friday.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns