A man is in custody after allegedly placing three pipe bomb-like explosives in front of a Glendale home, the Glendale Police Department said.
The suspect, identified as Gary Vogt, was arrested after a combined investigation between Glendale police and the ATF.
According to police, Vogt placed three improvised explosive devices in the driveway of a residence near 67th Ave. and Olive over the last 14 months.
After the second such incident, the homeowner installed cameras, which capture Vogt allegedly placing the third IED in the driveway before getting into his white 1998 Chevrolet Suburban, also caught on camera.
“The execution of that search warrant had items of evidence taken into custody, to include a four-door white Suburban,” said ATF Agent Tom Mangan.
Vogt was arrested on federal explosive charges. His first court appearance is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. on Friday.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains