A man is in custody after allegedly placing three pipe bomb-like explosives in front of a Glendale home, the Glendale Police Department said.
The suspect, identified as Gary Vogt, was arrested after a combined investigation between Glendale police and the ATF.
According to police, Vogt placed three improvised explosive devices in the driveway of a residence near 67th Ave. and Olive over the last 14 months.
After the second such incident, the homeowner installed cameras, which capture Vogt allegedly placing the third IED in the driveway before getting into his white 1998 Chevrolet Suburban, also caught on camera.
“The execution of that search warrant had items of evidence taken into custody, to include a four-door white Suburban,” said ATF Agent Tom Mangan.
Vogt was arrested on federal explosive charges. His first court appearance is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. on Friday.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development