A man is in custody after allegedly placing three pipe bomb-like explosives in front of a Glendale home, the Glendale Police Department said.
The suspect, identified as Gary Vogt, was arrested after a combined investigation between Glendale police and the ATF.
According to police, Vogt placed three improvised explosive devices in the driveway of a residence near 67th Ave. and Olive over the last 14 months.
After the second such incident, the homeowner installed cameras, which capture Vogt allegedly placing the third IED in the driveway before getting into his white 1998 Chevrolet Suburban, also caught on camera.
“The execution of that search warrant had items of evidence taken into custody, to include a four-door white Suburban,” said ATF Agent Tom Mangan.
Vogt was arrested on federal explosive charges. His first court appearance is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. on Friday.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments