CHANDLER, Ariz. — A Valley building is the place where people can launch their own startup business.
In a storefront office along Arizona Avenue in Chandler sits Gangplank, where 13 businesses owners have set up shop.
“The anchors are a group of businesses that all work here and have their offices out of Gangplank,” said Selena Larson of the Downtown Chandler Community Partnership.
“It’s also a free place for the community to come and work. You have free Wi-Fi. You have mentors here that can educate you on everything from writing to marketing to web design and more.”
Several times a year, the office hosts Gangplank, Jr., where kids can learn science, art or unusual things, like tattooing.
“We really try to get a wide variety of instructors from science, mathematics, arts, engineering,” said Larson. “Any instructor that feels that they can give something back to these kids and make it basic enough for the students to learn.”
The next Gangplank, Jr. begins Saturday.
“Our next class is going to be stand-up comedy and improv comedy taught by the Torch Theater,” Larson said. “In October, we’re having the Hamilton High School Robotics club come out. They’re doing a LEGO Robotics build here.”
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development