CHANDLER, Ariz. — A Valley building is the place where people can launch their own startup business.
In a storefront office along Arizona Avenue in Chandler sits Gangplank, where 13 businesses owners have set up shop.
“The anchors are a group of businesses that all work here and have their offices out of Gangplank,” said Selena Larson of the Downtown Chandler Community Partnership.
“It’s also a free place for the community to come and work. You have free Wi-Fi. You have mentors here that can educate you on everything from writing to marketing to web design and more.”
Several times a year, the office hosts Gangplank, Jr., where kids can learn science, art or unusual things, like tattooing.
“We really try to get a wide variety of instructors from science, mathematics, arts, engineering,” said Larson. “Any instructor that feels that they can give something back to these kids and make it basic enough for the students to learn.”
The next Gangplank, Jr. begins Saturday.
“Our next class is going to be stand-up comedy and improv comedy taught by the Torch Theater,” Larson said. “In October, we’re having the Hamilton High School Robotics club come out. They’re doing a LEGO Robotics build here.”
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever