CHANDLER, Ariz. — A Valley building is the place where people can launch their own startup business.
In a storefront office along Arizona Avenue in Chandler sits Gangplank, where 13 businesses owners have set up shop.
“The anchors are a group of businesses that all work here and have their offices out of Gangplank,” said Selena Larson of the Downtown Chandler Community Partnership.
“It’s also a free place for the community to come and work. You have free Wi-Fi. You have mentors here that can educate you on everything from writing to marketing to web design and more.”
Several times a year, the office hosts Gangplank, Jr., where kids can learn science, art or unusual things, like tattooing.
“We really try to get a wide variety of instructors from science, mathematics, arts, engineering,” said Larson. “Any instructor that feels that they can give something back to these kids and make it basic enough for the students to learn.”
The next Gangplank, Jr. begins Saturday.
“Our next class is going to be stand-up comedy and improv comedy taught by the Torch Theater,” Larson said. “In October, we’re having the Hamilton High School Robotics club come out. They’re doing a LEGO Robotics build here.”
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.